Question : Problem: nehalem MacBook pro?

I really want to purchase a MBP, however with the issue that the Nehalem chips for mobile processor will come out in Q4 2009. I just want to know whether it's worth to wait for it or should I just get one around May/June (as that's the time I'll have the money ready). I heard that the improvements of using Nehalem chips will only be seen if I do video encoding, I am not a big gamer my self... so games is out of my boundary. I just want a decent laptop that has fast startups, everything's smooth and running, no crashes.. to summarize I want speed and stable system.. I am kind of sick of windows with all the blue screen errors and I heard mac's are more stable.. is that true?

Answer : Problem: nehalem MacBook pro?

Mac's tend to be a bit more stable, but that is because they are designed to use a small set of hardware compared to Windows which is designed for work with almost anything out there (including the MacBook Pro). There is always going to be new hardware coming out in a few months. Q4 2010 there will be a processor that is twice as fast as the one you will get in Q4 2009. This process keeps happening over and over. If you are ready for a new notebook now I would buy it now.

I personally got a MacBook Pro 2.53GHz about a month ago. I like it a lot and it works very well. I have had 2 or 3 programs crash on me, but so far the OS is totally solid (as is my Vista machine which I reinstalled Windows on 2 months ago). I am not sure how OS X 10.5 holds up over time, but like I stated it is solid so far.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us