Question : Problem: Laptop screen problem

Ok I have an averitec Laptop.  The screen works until about halfway down, once there it seems as though the colors blur together.  The image is unrecognizable.  The inverter board seems to be ok, as the darkness and brightness seem to work.  And if I connect an external monitor to the computer that display works fine.  We replaced the lcd screen and inverter board less than a year ago, any suggestions?

Answer : Problem: Laptop screen problem

Since the screen works, it means the electronic of the laptop are ok.

Check the connecting cable from the motherboard to the LCD. Probably its loose at one end.
Since you just replaced the lcd about a year a ago, chances are that the LCD is OK.
My guess is that the connecting wire was probably not housed exactly in location. Over a period of usage there is some strain on the wires

Apart from a loose connection,  the cable connecting the MB and LCD could also be damaged due to prolong usage. First try a resetting. Just unplug and plug back both end of the connector and test.
If problem is still not resolved, remove the cable and check for possible damage at the point where the cable goes through the joints of the LCD and laptop.  

When the cable is accessable to you ....power on the system, press and bend  the connecting cable.
Check for the  symptom  on the screen. If the condition is confirmed you will need to change the cable or if you know how to verify the faulty wire/wires  you could  replace them.

I reckon  the fault is in the connecting cable rather than the LCD.  

Take the normal precautions when opening up your laptop ie, remove the battery.

Hope that helps.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us