Question : Problem: Problem with Iomega Zip100 Drive

I just got an Iomega zip100 from a friend and am trying to install it.  It is not SCSI, but parallel.  I downloaded software from www.iomega.com and everything seemed to install just fine.  The computer sees the drive, but when I put a disk in, an try to access the the drive, I get E:\ is not accessible, the device is not ready.  So if anyone knows what I'm talking about an could help me out, that would be great.

Rick

Answer : Problem: Problem with Iomega Zip100 Drive

The origonal software that came with the Zip 100 Parallels is crap, and will always be.  

Go the Iomea web site and go to updated drivers as instructed above.

I would go to my favourite computer store an spen 29-39 dollars for a Parallel switch. go haead according to price and maybe get one with more than two channels, maybe for later use.

Connect a parallel cable to you the I/O on the back of the switch, then you can plung in you printer on "A" and your Zip on Port "B"...Problem solved, unless you get critter42's click of death.

Anyway hook everything and power on and download the newest driver for free, is will automatically delete yu old software and it's congurations and insert the newest.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us