Question : Problem: Shared Outlook Conference Room Calendar on LCD Kiosk

We'd like to have an small LCD outside our conference room to display upcoming meetings, this will be view only..  We currently use outlook with a shared calendar in a public folder. I'm planning on putting a small fanless pc in the ceiling and running the vga cable down to the display, then allow the meeting room coordinator to access the machine through VNC if she needs to update the view etc.   I'm wondering if this is the recommended way to do this or if anyone has any other suggestions.  

I don't want to pay for an application, or any special digital signage software, but am open to any free/open source alternatives.

Answer : Problem: Shared Outlook Conference Room Calendar on LCD Kiosk

Hi themodusoperandi,

I don't have any other suggestions on digital signage but, it looks like you could improve on the way the conference room is booked and give everyone access to view the calendar next to their own instead of opening a public folder. In your situation, pehaps you want someone to manage the room. If that is not a requirement then how about setting up the auto accept agent.

cheers,
frankco
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us