Question : Problem: Contivity 1010 issue

I have been asked to look into an issue with some Nortel Contivity 1010s.  The customer has several of these and under certian circumstances they loose their VPN tunnel.   They have 2 main locations and several home or small offices connected using a 1010.  The small offices have a VPN tunnel to both of the mail offices with the cost being set lower on the nearest office.  

The problem arises when one of the home offices uses an IP phone to call another home office which is nearer to the other main office.  When the call is placed the VPN tunnel is dropped.  

The Home offices can call phones at both main offices using the same IP phone.  

I do not have the configurations at this time.  What I am looking for is some suggestions as to what to look for.  I have not dealt with routing or multiple connectons on these before and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Answer : Problem: Contivity 1010 issue

I would say to check the routing path from the calling site to/from the called site before the call is made and make sure connectivity is good in both directions along this path. Also look at the event log from when the issue happened to see what is going on from each VPN's perspective. Are they maybe building a tunnel between the two remote sites when the call is placed and dropping the ones they have to the main sites?
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us