Question : Problem: Dell XPS 600 Power Supply

I've got a Dell XPS 600 on the bench. The PC will not boot, even from a CD. When I turn the power on, the power switch shows yellow and the monitor also has the yellow power button. I don't even get to the BIOS. All the fans run when I start the PC. I've replaced the video card but it still doesn't work. I've replaced the hard drive, but no joy. This model has the power supply attached under the case with dual fans. I don't even have a power supply tester for this model. It has a 24 pin connector to the motherboard. I priced new power supplies for this model and they run around $90.00 plus shipping for a refurb. Is there a way I can test the power supply to see if it is defective? Do they make a tester for this kind of connection?

Answer : Problem: Dell XPS 600 Power Supply

This is from the link I posted above.
If the power light is steady amber, a device might be malfunctioning or incorrectly installed.

* Remove and then reinstall the memory modules.

* Remove and then reinstall any cards.

* Remove and then reinstall the graphics card, if applicable.
Probably not a PSU, PSU usually gives a blinking amber light. If reseating the devices doesn't help strip the system, remove hdd(s), optical drive(s), fdd, pci cards, video card(s), and memory. Turn it on and see if you get a no memory beep code or the diag lights indicate a memory problem, if so install 1 stick of ram, and turn it on and see if you get a beep or diag code for no video card.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us