Question : Problem: Help me create a setup.exe package to distribute software

I am looking to create an installation package, namely a setup.exe.  Webex has a new system management center which is totally online and you can upload your own .exe packages to push out to clients.  The problem is I dont know how to create .exe packages.  Is there a relatively cheap program that I can use to create an .exe package?  For instance, I have Intervideo WinDVD.  I want to create a setup.exe I can push out to clients.  I figure I will be using XP or if necessary Server 03 to create the packages.  I just dont really know how.  Thanks.

Answer : Problem: Help me create a setup.exe package to distribute software

Hehe, did you mean to duplicate your question?

This is the cut-n-paste of my reply in your other thread of the same name ;)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are a number of products that can create installs.

The Wise package studio or Installshield Studio are both industry standard tools for creating installers. These both have a cost, but if you are in a professional environment and are distributing software to clients who are paying for your services then the expense of the studios are well spent. They come with great documentation and have samples you can take apart to learn from.

There are a couple of free tools, but they are much less advanced and require a lot more manual intervention.

A product called INNOSETUP is probably the best of the free install creation utilities, it has good documentation but requires much more developer interaction and is lacking many features of the professional studios (setup capture, deployment testing, etc).
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us