Question : Problem: WHICH IS BEST BRAND IN NOTEBOOKS AND WHY ? PLEASE PROVIDE DETAIL AND EXAMPLES

Hello everyone, this question is to know more about manufactures. I know you and others might have some bad experience and even don't want to deal with certain manufactures for some reasons.

I would like you to share some thoughts about which are the BEST CANADIAN manufacture among following and WHY?

Please you have to tell me a little bit in detail that what make you think that manufacture is better than other, as I will be buying a notebook soon, so this will make my decision making process a little bit easier.

I am giving MAX points for this question, so that I can get Best answers from all of you. In case more than one answer I like, I would split the points. So please keep posting your answers.

The CANADIAN Manufactures I am comparing are

1. TOSHIBA
2. COMPAQ / HP (SAME COMPANY)
3. DELL
4. GATEWAY

I know there are some more manufactures, but above is the only one I want you to compare, please post your thoughts with some examples or proofs that would be great and will help me to decide quicker.

Thanks in advance

Mohit

Answer : Problem: WHICH IS BEST BRAND IN NOTEBOOKS AND WHY ? PLEASE PROVIDE DETAIL AND EXAMPLES

This informations are provided by my engineers in my company which I hope to share with you:

Listed in rankings for laptops which are good:

1. DELL
2. COMPAQ / HP (SAME COMPANY)
3. TOSHIBA
4. GATEWAY

DELL computers are so far the best as in terms of service and quality as compare to the rest. I'm sure everyone have to agree to this that nothing is perfect and therefore, you can't expect DELL to have 0% faulty system. My engineers have reported that DELL system are the least we often get to service in our company as compared to the rest. Most DELL systems are durable as many of our clients are using it and SingTel, being a big company is using DELL systems too. Our engineer's DELL notebooks bought few years ago are still durable and good. DELL will always be recommend to our clients and therefore listed as 1st.

Compaq and HP computers no doubt but a bit costly than DELL computers. As I've mentioned before, all manufacturers for computer components will not have 0% faulty. Therefore, compaq/hp are placed number 2 in terms of price and in terms of service. We have some users complaining about dead pixels on the LCD screen of the laptop and Compaq really has high demands that a certain number of dead pixels were to be met before an exchange could be done. Well, that's the type of customer feedbacks we've got.

Toshiba is listed number 3 due to the customer service given. It's call the after sales services. Prices are quite comparable with Compaq/Hp but then, after warranty services are over, users have to pay amounts whereby some customers feel being overcharged but have no choice as they bought Toshiba's laptops. But seriously, the prices are a bit overboard. You can verify the above by yourself giving a call to Toshiba and check how much do they charge for changing a new harddisk for your current OLD toshiba system.

Gateway will be listed last as there's way too many problems with Gateway pc(s) that they are no longer selling products in our country. Personally, 2 of my friends bought Gateway pc(s) and will have problems within 1 to 2 years time. Basically, too many problems which result the company in not able to sustain it's operations in our country than the rest.

Our country currently has few brands which are still way better than Gateway:

DELL, Compaq/Hp, Toshiba, Datamini, Fujitsu, Twinhead

All the above companies are still able to survive in the market as they are known for their services and products.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us