Question : Problem: QuickVPN connecting to WRV200 gets 'End of file' error.

i just set up a Linksys WRV200. works fine. THen i set up the VPN part of the router.
I loaded all the current firmware, and also downloaded/installed the latest version of QuickVPN from Linksys. When i connect to the router from a WIn XP SP2 computer, to the VPN router, the wget_error.txt file (log file) in the quickvpn directory, says:
Connecting to questnovato.dyndns.org[69.3.237.129]:60443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response...
End of file while parsing headers.
Giving up.

===
any idea what this means? i tried all troubleshooting tips from Linksys and others.

Answer : Problem: QuickVPN connecting to WRV200 gets 'End of file' error.

Interesting, usually the problem with the QuickVPN is getting it to connect. Once connected shares are usually straight forward, by IP.

If no WINS or DNS servers stick with using the IP for now. Once working if you want to use names you can configure the LMHosts file. Yo will not be able to browse the network and see all the computers, regardless.

No you don't need to turn off "block WAN request". That is on several sites but has nothing to do with the tunnel and is a security risk. If disabled it just allows you to ping the public side of the router.

The shares do work from the local network you say. Make sure the firewall on the PC's you are connecting to is disabled, as well as any other software firewalls, such as Norton, McAfee, Zone alarm etc. Also If you are using Norton/Symantec for virus protection you need to disable Internet worm Protection. Also computer should be a member of the same workgroup, and have the same user account installed with the same password. The password should not be blank. However, if a user name and password issue you should be prompted for them.

You can try adjusting the MTU but that doesn't sound like the issue her. MTU most often is an issue when you actually try to browse a share or download information. If you want to test or try changing you should do so on the BEFSR41 and the client machine. See the following:
http://www.chicagotech.net/vpnslow.htm
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/7752
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us