Question : Problem: USB Device Malfunctioned / Not Recognized - suppose motherboard damages

Good day,

I have faced a REALLY strange problem when I proceeded as below;

- Tried to connect my cable problem by USB, which was normally contacted throught LAN cable. I connected the USB cable which I was using for my external harddisk, but suddendly the cable modem got burned (have seen the lightnings in it, and this smell) and the computer just shot down and never openned again.

- Thought that my power supply (thermaltake 480 watt) crashed / burned and bought a new one ( Enermax PRO82+ 525 watt)

- Finally managed to make the computer openned.

BUT now,

- The computer CANNOT regonize the USB devices ( non of them ). Sometimes, it recognizes the mouse for abt 5 minutes but then it suddenly stops, and I get this "Mulfunctioning errror". It also recognize the keyboard but it does not work properly that for example when I press "n" it writes "y".

What I did is below;

- updated BIOS - No luck
- formatted windows - No Luck

Just one thing I noticed - when I connect mouse and keyboard, it is recognized in the BIOS, but additionaly USB sticks and some other stuff, not recognized also by BIOS.

Looking kindly forward to hearing your valuable comments and solutions

Finally, pleaed to advice my configurations,

- ASUS p5e-K / wifi ap
- intel e6750 - no overclock
- asus 8800GT
- 2 x 2 gb OCZ

Kindest regards

Answer : Problem: USB Device Malfunctioned / Not Recognized - suppose motherboard damages

if it does not work in knoppix, your usb seems bad to me.
you can install a pci to usb adapter : http://www.directron.com/usbcard.html
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us