Question : Problem: Sideways cursor in second monitor

I have two monitors connected to my computer.  The main monitor, on the right, is a widescreen and is oriented in landscape mode.  The second monitor, on the left, is not widescreen and is oriented in portrait mode.

I originally installed Wnidows Vista on this computer, and using NVIDIA's utility, which came with my XFX NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS video card, everything worked fine.  Windows can be moved between the monitors, and everything is oriented correctly.

I just installed Windows XP Pro on this computer using a dual-boot option.  Using the XP version of the NVIDIA utility, I configured the portrait (left) monitor, and everything works as it did before except that the mouse cursor on that monitor is oriented 90 degrees counterclockwise.  Worse, the function of the cursor is oriented 90 degrees clockwise, so that if I want to point at an object I have to put the cursor several cursor widths below the object.  As a practical matter, it makes the mouse unusable on that monitor.

If I boot up in Vista, everything is fine.  When I boot up in XP, the problem remains.

I can find anything about this on this web site, at nvidia.com, or in a general Google search.  

Answer : Problem: Sideways cursor in second monitor

PAQed with points refunded (500)

Computer101
EE Admin
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us