Question : Problem: Pictures of squares desplay as rectangles when dual monitors have different aspect ratios

I have just added a 16:9 10" monitor to the left of my 5:4 15" laptop. I changed my desktop settings to say "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor".

I drag an excel spreadsheet so that columns A:S are on the lefthand monitor and T:AI are on the right hand monitor.

If I change the height of a row, so that cells a1:s1 are perfect SQUARES, then t1:ai1 are RECTANGLES!
The same thing happens with tables in MS Word.  So things look like this.
           left hand 19"              right hand 15" laptop
--------------------------          ---------------------------
       |       |       |       |         |       |       |       |       |
--------------------------         |       |       |       |       |
                                          ---------------------------

Very weird.  I hope the problem will go away when I install the proper drivers (I left the install disks at a different location and won't get it for a few days.)

But, maybe someone at EE has seen similar problems?  

The Windows "display properties" settings looks like this
--------------   ----------
|       2      |   |     1   |
|               |   ----------
--------------
Properties  for monitor 2 = 1280 x 1024
Properties for monitor 1 = 1024 x 768

Answer : Problem: Pictures of squares desplay as rectangles when dual monitors have different aspect ratios

You need to set up the 16:9 monitor with a 16:9 resolution - 1280 x 1024 is a 5:4 resolution.  The pixels are naturally square, so when you try to use a 5:4 resolution on it, it stretches the desktop to fit.  You need drivers for the monitor or you can use PowerStrip to make a custom resolution.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us