Question : Problem: Memos aren't synchronizing on Blackberry when using Exchange 2k7 + Blackberry Professional

I have a few users on our network that are reporting that changes to their Blackberry memos aren't reflecting in their Exchange mailbox. When they log in via OWA or Outlook nothing they put on their Blackberry memos ever shows up. What could be causing this?

Quick background : Recently fixed a problem of no updates at all from Blackberry going to mailbox : user account for Blackberry services was not BESAdmin; this was corrected and calendars began updating from changes made on Blackberry's. Now it seems memos still aren't working : what else to check?

Answer : Problem: Memos aren't synchronizing on Blackberry when using Exchange 2k7 + Blackberry Professional

Went through with BB techs and we saw all kinds of errors in the events log of the BES server. All kinds of group policy errors and things saying it couldn't access the SMTP server or the SQL database. I noticed in TCP IP there was an out of date DNS server so I updated that and rebooted. It came back up with some of the same errors but after about 5 minutes all the errors ceased, and everyone started calling saying their Blackberries were working and asking "did I fix something"? The BB tech had never even seen these errors before EVER, so it was a learning experience for everyone involved.

Also, the user in question somehow didn't have wirelessly syncing memo and contacts. When you hit Options under each of those it didn't have the "Wireless Sync - Yes" line available. A wipe of the device and resync with BES seemed to fix that issue specifically.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us