Question : Problem: Upgrading from Citrix PS 4.0 from Advanced to Enterprise

Hi

We are running a farm of Citrix PS4 Advanced servers (UKFarm) pointing to  license server of Server1. Our HQ in the US has a PS4 Enterprise farm (USFarm), pointing to license server, Server2.

They have just done a deal with Citrix to purchase a large quantity of Enterprise licenses, which will be enough for UKFarm and USFarm users. These licenses are on Server2. Once UKFarm has been pointed to Server2, and the need for Server1 gone, Citrix will buy back the licenses on Server1.

So - in order for UKFarm to use the US licenses, I need to point the servers (20 odd) in that farm to Server2 and also upgrade the servers to Enterprise.

We will basically be doing this in phases to mitigate risk.

Couple of questions I was hoping someone could help me with;

a) How do I actually upgrade a PS4 Advanced server to Enterprise? Just run the PS4 Executable on the server locally? Is there an upgrade facility?
b) Can the above be scripted (and to run silently)?
c) Will the Citrix hotfixes/patches/hotfix rollup packs installed on any upgraded servers need to reinstalled?
d) To point to the new license server,  I assume this is done in the CMC (go to the server> untick inherit Farm properties for license server> specify Server2)
e) Do any servers (e.g. data collectors) need to be done before/after others?

Any other points to consider would be appreciated.

Thanks

Answer : Problem: Upgrading from Citrix PS 4.0 from Advanced to Enterprise

In the Presentation Server console, right-click a server and select the option "change edition".  I don't have my lab powered on right now so this is from memory.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us