Question : Problem: Master Builder does not see database unless whole drive is shared.

Alright, so I know most if not all of you have used master builder, ive tried finding forums of people who have and it is nonexistent. The issue Im having can maybe be solved without any knowledge of the program so Im going to ask it here.

Theres a builders accounting program called Master Builder, it was created by intuit and bought out by Sage. There is a server computer (which im using sbs 2003) and clients who connect to it. Connecting to the server and connecting to the database are two different connections.

Currently I have to create a share for the whole D: on the server (which is a huge security risk as my exchange server is on the same drive) If i try to just share the MB7 folder which holds all the datafiles, it does not see the database. The drive is setup like this:
D:/exchange
D:/MB7/DATABASE/Filesare.here

Would there be any reason the program would not be able to find the data if I share only D:/MB7?

When I open up the program it connects to the server (this i believe is for keeping us from using more than the licenses we are given, as only 3 people can connect to the database at one time). Once connected to the server it asks you to browse for the data, I setup a network share of [server\d$] and it works, but if i setup a share of [server\mb7] (which i have setup permissions for) it only gives me an option to create a database, and does not actually show me where all the data is).

Typing this out I have thought about just putting the MB7 folder in another folder to see if the tree just has to be two limbs down to find the data. I can't give that ago at the moment as people are currently on the database.

If you have any ideas lemme know. Appreciate it.

Answer : Problem: Master Builder does not see database unless whole drive is shared.

Sage/Intuit have always been rather screwy, especially for multiuser-based application needs.

What happens if you try to map to \\server\d$\mb7?

Also what is the permissions that are set for the 'mb7' directory?
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us