Question : Problem: How do I correctly connect the internal case speaker to my ECS Geforce6100SM-M2 motherboard?

I recently bought a ECS Geforce6100SM-M2 motherboard and proceeded to install it in my mint tower case (an old one with a buzzer type speaker. It has no logo, so I have no idea what make it is). The power, reset and LED switches all fit in perfectly and worked first time (although it took an age fiddling around trying to get the polarities of the LED connectors right!)

The only thing I could not get working is the onboard internal case speaker speaker. The connectors for that are two seperate red and black wires. The 4 pin SPKR1 header on the motherboard has has a pin (pin 2) removed, so that is the key. Pin 3 is to ground, Pin 4 is the actual signal an d Pin 1 is the VCC connector.

From all that I can gather, Pins 1 and 4 SHOULD be the ones to use right? But no combination seems to work. The issue is not really so important now as the system posts normally and everything. However, I'm looking to overclock the system soon, so a head's up  at the post would help.
Anybody able to help? It would be much appreciated. Cheers!

PapaDoz

P.S - I just attached a pic of what I've been describing. Hope that helps!

Answer : Problem: How do I correctly connect the internal case speaker to my ECS Geforce6100SM-M2 motherboard?

Generally, red lead connects to pin 1 and black lead to pin 4. Speaker should still work if pins are reversed.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us