Question : Problem: Cannot sync a Blackberry with BES 4.1.4

I setup a Blackberry Ent Server for groupwise on a Windows 2003 server. I have opened port 3101 for both incoming and outgoing and have forwarded all traffic on port 3101 to the address of the BES. The BES manager is able to find GroupWise users.

I get the following message when I try to setup an email connection on the blackberry device:

Activating [email protected]
Retrying...

Eventually it times out after several tries and says that the server is not responding. I am using the external IP address and port number to connect where is asks for the ip address on the blackberry device. I setup a user password in the Blackberry Manager and used that password on the device as well
eg:  24.67.99.x:3101

Answer : Problem: Cannot sync a Blackberry with BES 4.1.4

Look in the properties of the BlackBerry Server (there is a manager utility available...sorry I don't have access to any of that right now) and confirm each of the settings.  Also, put your POA into Verbose logging if it isn't already and watch to see if you see any lines in the logs about RIM or BlackBerry and trusted app.  If you see those words, then the BES is successfully connecting to the POA.

One other thought.  Do you have the GroupWise client installed on the BES server?  If so, which one?  Version 6.5 uses API calls to the POA and version 7 uses SOAP over port 7191.  If you're using ver 7 make sure that SOAP is enabled on the POA (it is NOT by default).

Scott
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us