Question : Problem: HP Printer not compatible with Vista?

I have a client with an HP PSC 2400 Photosmart Serises All-in-One connected to a new computer running Win Vista.  It was printing fine for awhile and now will not print at all.  It is on and seems normal but will not print.  HP tech sup[port first told her that it is not compatible with Vista.  Then they told her it is and had her unplug it and uninstall and reinstall it and it still does not work.  I want to help her out BUT wanted to get a few suggestions from EE first.

Answer : Problem: HP Printer not compatible with Vista?

There are Vista drivers available for that series, so it is Vista compatible. I'd try the printer on another PC first, that way you'll find out if it is a hardware problem or not (I've seen a couple of HP All-in-ones break). If it works on that other PC, again uninstall it's software, usually there are 4 bat files in it's installation CD (usually in a CCC directory), which when run one after the other should completely uninstall the software (make sure the printer is off or not connected when running those). After a reboot install the software from the download and only connect the printer when the installer says so.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us