Question : Problem: Veritas backup to disk device problem

I have a 500GB external drive connected to one server.  I'm trying to configure a backup from a different server to backup to that drive.  I set up the Backup to Disk Device in Veritas Backup Exec 9.1.  It sees the drive fine, but the job runs about 15 minutes then comes back with 0x40 - The specified network name is no longer available.  But it is still available?
I look at the application log and see this:

An error occurred while processing a B2D command.
 Changer: LockAndRefreshChangerConfig() Unable to Lock Changer.cfg (\\server\backup job\VERITAS\B2D\Changer.cfg).  Error=64

Any help is much appreciated!!  This is somewhat urgent as our regular tape backup broke and waiting for a new one to come in.

Thank you in advance!

Answer : Problem: Veritas backup to disk device problem

I've seen this before. Try creating new B2D folders but make them removable.  Veritas can't track drive connections on external media all the time.

Let me know the results.
Random Solutions  
  •  Problem: Adapter Parallel(male)/USB(female)<wbr />
  •  Problem: Remote Desktop between Windows Mobile 6 (HTC Touch HD phone) and a Desktop PC
  •  Problem: iTunes newbie - how to export playlist to MP3 player
  •  Problem: Configable processor implemented on FPGA board
  •  Problem: Whenever I plug in my Blackberry to use Desktop Manager, I get "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable":
  •  Problem: RAM stickers and heat spreaders
  •  Problem: How do I image a laptop that is SCSI or SATA using Norton Ghost v11?
  •  Problem: Gateway Desktop 500 GB seagate HDD replaced with identical HDD that crashed and no longer has power.
  •  Problem: laptop fan
  •  Problem: What types of routing protocols would be the best in a situation where there are over 50 routers connecting multiple sites
  •  
    programming4us programming4us