Question : Problem: Wipe Clean and Start Over for Beginning User

I need to completely wipe clean (re-format?) my Gateway PC and then re-install the very basics (Outlook, IE). This laptop is going to a extreme novice user for just the basics. Currently I have a ton of web developing tools and web designing tools loaded. I have run Belarc for a list of software licenses (for my new pc) and made a copy of all executables. Please advice what steps I need to insure a bare as minimum pc for the novice and what I need to make copies of for a clean start on my winderful new laptop.

Thanks in advance.

Answer : Problem: Wipe Clean and Start Over for Beginning User

As stated already by 97WideGlide, executables wont necessarily get you going.  You will have missed a lot of files. IE: Microsoft Office, or Word if you will...just coping word.exe does not guarantee you that it is going to run on the new computer.  That being said you should as stated by 97, is to copy your Data....Etc... I wont go into any more detail on that as it has already been said by 97.  
What I will say is that if your System is a Windows TABLET PC.....make sure you have RECOVERY disks or Reinstall Disks to wipe the drive and reinstall.
Otherwise if you do not, You may lose use of the Tablet portion of the laptop.  The Tablet PC may have a recovery partition on the hard drive, which you may be able to use to reimage the drive that way.  You will want to consult your manual and such to make sure that this is true etc.
Also if you have no recovery partition and  no Media to recover or reimage the drive, you will need to find replacement Tablet PC installation disks.  Of which are Very rare and hard to come by.
Ebay is about the best source these days.  And usually cost you as much for the disks as it would cost you to pay for the license and disks.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us