Question : Problem: Need 2 LANs to look like 'one' network

Hi all,
I have broadband coming in, with a netgear rangemax wirelessWPN825 for our wireless network (and wired).  I use Vonage and have that router (linksys RTP300) connected to the netgear rangmax router.  We have multiple PC's in our home (and home office) such that we need the wired ports on both routers in order to be on the network/internet.  How can I make this look like one network and not 2 separate networks?  Main reason is to share files and printers (we also have a network printer).  I tried connecting a 'dumb hub' to the Rangmax with a cross over cable (and took those PC's off the vonage router) but I still can not 'see' all PC's.  Everyone is in the same workgroup.  It would be great to use the Vonage Linksys router as part of the LAN so I dont have a 3rd unnecessary device.

Thanks!
Mb.

Answer : Problem: Need 2 LANs to look like 'one' network

Sounds to me like a 3rd device is the answer but since I can't picture the exact setup (ports on devices).  I would think that your internet would come in via a Modem(cable/dsl) then I suspect the Vonage device, which would plug into your wireless (wired) router.  At that point I would dangle a switch off the router with enough ports to handle all the PC's.  As long as all the PC's are either on the wire or wireless off the router then it should work.  If you can't see all the PC's there may be another issue such as no shares on the other devices, etc... Let us know how its going though and post more info about the layout if you can.  

GaDZooKs
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us