Question : Problem: Trouble printing on thick paper- ink smudging

I am trying to print in black on cardstock paper that already has blue and red ink on it.   This cardstock is small in dimension (5.5 X 8.5 inches)

This paper is a pre printed certificate; everything is printer on it already except for the name.  The name is added later in black.  The problem I am having is that when the certificate comes out the blue ink has smudged or ghosted onto the page.  Everything that was preprinted is duplicated further on the page.  The black ink prints fine but the ink that was already on the page is all over.

I have larger certificates 8.5 x 10 that work fine, no ghosting.

I've tried it on 3 different printers. Same results on all printers.

Hp 2600N
Hp 3600
Hp 1012 series

I have never heard of ink that was already on a page get ghosted, I seen it before with something the printer actually printed, but not pre-printed ink.  Is this ink on the page heating up and transferring on the roller?  I am completely stumped on this one.  Has anyone ever heard of ink that was already on a page smuge or ghost?

Answer : Problem: Trouble printing on thick paper- ink smudging

You are correct they must have done something different. Something coud have gone wrong inthe proccess. Maybe they switched to different ink supplier?
My company deals with 100's of different forms. Call the supplier and have them come by to see the problem or send some of the forms back to them for testing. Include some of the ones that have been through your printer to show them the problem.
Do you have another printer you can test them on? If the problem is on two printers that pretty much confirms a form problem.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us