Question : Problem: HP Laserjet 1022:  3 unwanted horizontal lines in each page of print

Just changed ink.  Now I get three horizontal lines equally separated on each printed page.  Lines go completely edge to edge.  I tried to clean the printer using the "clean" function but no improvement or change.  This was not happening with the old ink .  Please advise on hopefully easy solution (in detail).  

Answer : Problem: HP Laserjet 1022:  3 unwanted horizontal lines in each page of print

I could not open the PDF. Acrobat says there's an error in the file. Hence I cannot check the spacing between the lines. That spacing, divided by 3, gives the approximate diameter of the roller that's causing the problem.

However, most likely it is a fault in the printer's drum. You can fix that by replacing the toner cartridge. The drum is part of the catridge; it's the green roller you will see when you lift the flap on the cartridge. When you lift the flap, have a look at the roller, to see if you can spot any problem. You can turn the roller by hand by moving the gears. Do not touch the roller itself as that may leave marks on your prints. The drum is light-sensitive, so don't leave it exposed for too long.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us