Question : Problem: I need to select computer repair kit with all of the essential tools

Hello,

I have a small pc repair shop and we have been open a few years.  Recently our repairs have been picking and we are almost always able to find and resolve the computer's problem; however, I feel like there is probably an all inclusive tool(s) needed for every bench.  I am not sure what that is, so I thought I would ask.  This answer may be available in other posts or threads, but I wanted to ask again because things change so quickly that the answers to this questions last month might be different today.

My main idea is I want to find something that will quickly test hardware for problems or failures.  I typically do part swaps looking for failed hardware when I suspect that to be the issue.  Over the past few years we have purchased various tools that are used specifically for bench repairs, but I know there is a all in one package.  I have looked at PC-Doctor's tools offered at http://www.pc-doctor.com/product_listings_technician.php

I am not sure if there is something better out there or not, but I am sure that there is no better place to get recomendations for this since many of the posters here have or work on a bench.  I have found many answers here that has saved me a great amount of time.  In fact if I don't know the answer from the start or I want to see if my thoughts on something is right EE is where I go.

Please let me know the "kit" or collection of kits that you could not live without.

Answer : Problem: I need to select computer repair kit with all of the essential tools

I haven't personal used it but I've looked at PC-Doctor's kit before and it looks to be a good one.

Something to keep your eyes open for...
Most POST Cards work in ISA or PCI slots or through a printer port.
The ones that fit PCI slots only work in the old +5v PCI slots.
- There are motherboards out now that have none of those options.
-
I have tried using a printer port POST Card using an add-in printer port card and it doesn't work.
The Cards in ads that appear to be USB are only -powered- by USB. They DON'T read POST through USB.
I have yet to see a PCI-E POST Card.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us