Question : Problem: How to share my broadband pcmcia card to another pc via patch cable

I have a vista laptop and a verizon broadband card.  I want to set it where the other laptop can use a patch cable from there machine to my machine and route to the broadband card.

Answer : Problem: How to share my broadband pcmcia card to another pc via patch cable

>  but when I use the ICS or sharing tab it does not recognize the broadband card.

Please clarify - what is the ''it'' you're referring to in that sentence?

If you'd like, just refer to this thread - http://www.experts-exchange.com/Networking/Wireless/Q_23833955.html
and everywhere ''wireless card'' is mentioned substitute ''ethernet connection'' (I tried to always call the broadband card ''3G card'' in that thread).

The interface you will be sharing IS the broadband card, so I don't understand what 'it' is not recognizing the 3G card. If you have multiple network interfaces (e.g. a wireless card, and a NIC, and firewire ports, et al), after you share the 3G card, a picklist should appear below where you check the 'share this device' box... select the ethernet adapter in that list.

And again, to share directly to another computer with just a cable and no switch or router, you will need a ''crossover cable'' - if you make your own cables, that's wired 568A on one end and 568B on the other end. I found them in google for $3 to $7 and don't really have a preference of one brand over another - I use red strain-relief boots on the crossover cables I make, so I recommend buying a red one if you can...  makes it easier to tell which one it is later on.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us