Question : Problem: Web Interface Error on Install?

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to look at my question. Citrix Metaframe Presentation is all working great. I can use the ICA client, it has all my licenses and I can use ICA Client installs over TCP/IP all day long. It works great. I'm trying to install the WebInterface-iis.msi file and I have all of the pre reqs. Its stuck on "MFPS Requires the .Net Runtime environment to be installed" I have .Net runtime v2.0 svc pack 1 running at the moment, and I know its there. I have taken out all other versions, and tried installing all other verions, I installed J#, ASP.NET and made sure it was inabled in IIS6, and that was fine and I even tried v. 1.1 like it asks for, but It will not let me through to install web services for the life of me.  It just wont get past it. Any ideas on what I can do?

Answer : Problem: Web Interface Error on Install?

Ahh, I have made this mistake more than once.  You don't want to run that directly, run the Web Interface installation from your main Presentation Server CD and deselect all of the components you don't need.  For example, if this will be a dedicated Web Interface server, you don't install Presentation Server itself.  If you are upgrading to WI4.6, install 4.5 first as I mention above and then run the webinterface.msi you download from www.mycitrix.com.  
The guided installation makes things much easier.  Dependencies are checked and prereq. components such as J# and .NET are loaded as needed.  
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us