Question : Problem: The drive that this file or folder is stored on does not allow long file names

The drive that this file or folder is stored on does not allow long file names, or names containing blanks or any of the following characters: \ / : , ; * ? < > |
-
- Getting the above error intermittently when I create a folder or file, or try to rename a folder or file on my network share.  I can walk over to a different pc and log in and it works fine all day long.  I am able to Remote Desktop into our Terminal Server and it works just fine.  
- I have tired the following Microsoft KB fix: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831998
- it seemed to work but has since come back.  I updated the network drivers to the most current.
My Machine spesc:
Dell Latitude D505
1.8GHz
2GB Ram
30GB HD
Windows XP SP2

Answer : Problem: The drive that this file or folder is stored on does not allow long file names

Usually if a problem goes away when you log off and log back on with the same name it's because things didn't finish loading correctly the first time the user logged on. That's essentially what that knowledgebase article says if you know how to read between the lines (microsoft would never simply admit it was their fault, of course).
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us