Question : Problem: ON Speed HSP Micromodem

I had this modem since win 98 was on the system I recently upgraded it to XP professional mind u that win ME was on here and the modem was working fine no problems.. now back to win XP pro, since upgrading to XP pro i cannot get the modem to work, upon putting it and and allowing XP to load and try to find it (it did that found the drivers and installed them automatically )  but when i setup a dial up connection and attempt to dial out it says a few things...1 error 621, 2 unable to detect modem, 3 unable to make a connection , 4 remote computer terminated the connection between the computers. now when i try to query the modem through the trouble shooter it says that its fine its there and no conflicts  and is turned on...Now when installing XP Pro i went into services and haulted some of the services in there of things that would never be used i don`t remember what exactly but i would expect that its networking services this was done could it be that i stopped a service that affected teh modem files in some way?

can some shed soem light on this or could u direct me to some drivers that might work instead of those installed thru XP?  

thx

Answer : Problem: ON Speed HSP Micromodem

Yes you were correct, remove them from safe mode because in safe mode the "ghost" entries are displayed, and so you remove all entries, then boot into "normal" mode and reinstall.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us