Question : Problem: Recommendation for a multi function laser printer

Hello, I am looking for a B&W multi function laser printer for the office but am somewhat confused in which brand to invest in.

What I am looking for is a printer that will handle:

- 1000-2000 pages a month
- duplex printing
- a ADF with will scan, copy and fax(send) 2 sided pages.
- network connectivity
- Scan pages, convert them into a PDF, or Jpeg and store them on a network shared drive somewhere.

The models that I have been looking at are:
Brother MFC 8870DW
HP 3027x MFP

The Brother seems to have all the correct features that our office needs, though a local dealer insisted that it's operating costs would be too high and the quality of the brand is not good at all. The local dealer then suggested that we invest in a Savin 816 MF. What is the opinion on this printer?

The 3027x also seems to be very nice, but according to the documentation it can only Scan to Email.
What does that exactly mean? I interpret it as, the printer can only send scans to an email address, they cannot be store on the computer? I would need a printer that will scan a document and store it on a computer's harddrive somewhere on the network so other people can have access to it.

The budget for this investment is around $1500 range, if you have any recommendations or opinions, I would be grateful.  

Answer : Problem: Recommendation for a multi function laser printer

Well, I'll admit upfront that I stick with HP printers.  Mostly because we've had a good history with them, and I know how to work on them.  That being said, Xerox is a good name brand.  And there are experts that I respect here that consistently recommend Xerox products.  So, I'd say if you're getting more for your money, go with the Xerox.

michko
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us