Question : Problem: VPN connection with Cisco PIX 501 over ADSL requires PPPoE login

Is there any way to configure a Cisco PIX 501 fireall to pass the PPPoE login/password request for an ADSL provider through the PIX to the client computer's desktop instead of having to specify them on the PIX itself?  I'm not sure what port PPPoE uses.

Basically, we do not want our end users connecting from home to the company VPN via ADSL to be doing PIX administration themselves every time their PPPoE password changes, but the only way the PIX 501 seems to connect in is if the PPPoE login/password is manually specified on the PIX.

Cisco tech support had never even heard of a username/password for DSL, so they had no idea what I was talking about.

Thanks,
Scott V.

Answer : Problem: VPN connection with Cisco PIX 501 over ADSL requires PPPoE login

I don't think there is any way around it. The outside interface of the PIX must have the external IP address that is assigned by the ISP, therefore it must have the PPPoE username/password in the config. Try working with the ISP to get an account where the username/pass does not expire.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us