Question : Problem: Receiving files via bluetooth

I try to send pictures or anything from my mobile phone to my macbook, and I CAN'T, or at least not sucessfully, I have a Nokia N70, however the problem is on my macbook because i can send perfectly files from my mobile phone to any other macbook, but not to mine.

The strangest thing is that i get a "done" message on my phone right after attempting to send it, in no-time (1-2 seconds) so its obvious that the file hasn't been sent, however I keep getting the confirmation message that should be displayed upon receipt.

What can be going on?

Answer : Problem: Receiving files via bluetooth

sounds like you need to try some new bluetooth software. I looked around and found this:

I've been looking around on how to get a good bluetooth stack to work on my macbook. I have a H500 motorola earpiece that I wanted to use for making calls and whatnot from my lappy. Unfortunately, the microsoft stack has about as much usability as an angry badger. Anyhow, after much farting around, I managed to get something to work.

So, try this. Download the newest Toshiba stack from:
http://aps.toshiba-tro.de/bluetooth/pages/download.php
It should be the one at the top of the list.

When you extract it (twice), you'll have to find the inf file (tosrfusb.inf), which is hidden somewhere along the lines of:
42001-ww\v42001T_20060711\2KXP\Windows\inf

Open this guy up in notepad, and modify the last entry of the hardware listings, much like you would have with the other stack. It should look something like:

%TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc102%=TosrfUsb_Device, USB\VID_0c24&PID_000e
%TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc103%=TosrfUsb_Device, USB\VID_0c24&PID_0010
%TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc104%=TosrfUsb_Device, USB\VID_0c24&PID_0018
%TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc105%=TosrfUsb_Device, USB\VID_0c24&PID_0c24
%TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc106%=TosrfUsb_Device, USB\VID_044E&PID_300C
%APPLE.DeviceDesc%=TosrfUsb_Device, USB\VID_05AC&PID_8205

Now, all you have to do is save it and point your driver update to look at this directory. Unfortunately, its going to give a really ugly device name and not have any of the cool bluetooth icons, but it will work like a champ! I've been using it for a couple of days now without problems. The only thing that I noticed is that the connection software has a 30 day expiration. If you can find an older version of the stack, you shouldnt have any problems with the time limit ... I'm curious to see what it does after 30 days. If it keeps working that long, I'd be more than happy to purchase the connection software.

------------
I found that here:
http://forum.onmac.net/archive/index.php/t-1068.html

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us