Question : Problem: what is causing ipod shuffle driver to install/then uninstall?.

When I plug the device in a usb port autorun runs momentarily and the device appears in my computer and as a usb mass storge device in device manager. Then when autorun quits the device i.e. ipod shuffle disappears from both places.

When I sync from itunes it says it synced and finished, but none of my mp3 files are down loaded to my   ipod shuffle .

When i look in device manager there is an exclamation mark next to the usb mass storage device and when I click on properties it tells me that windows is uninstalling the device code 21. I have uninstalled and reinstalled itunes which did nothing to correct the problem. I have the latest versions software and firm ware for the device. Please see the itunes dignostic report below, it says everything is fine, but obviously it is not:

Microsoft Windows Vista Professional (Build 6000)
Dell Inc. MXG061
iTunes 7.6.2.9
QuickTime 7.4.5
CD Driver 2.0.7.3
CD Driver DLL 2.1.1.1
Apple Mobile Device 1.1.4.7
Bonjour 1.0.4.12 (118.4)

iTunes Serial Number 442E95AA4B9CE53E

Current user is not an administrator.
The current local date and time is 2008-04-06 13:39:27.
iTunes is not running in safe mode.

Video Display Information

NVIDIA, NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS

**** External Plug-ins Information ****

No external plug-ins installed.

**** iPod/iPhone Connectivity Tests ****

iPodService 7.6.2.9 is currently running.
iTunesHelper 7.6.2.9 is currently running.
Apple Mobile Device service 1.14.0.0 is currently running.

Universal Serial Bus Controllers:

Intel(R) 82801GB USB Universal Host Controller - 27C8.  Device is working properly.
Intel(R) 82801GB USB Universal Host Controller - 27C9.  Device is working properly.
Intel(R) 82801GB USB Universal Host Controller - 27CA.  Device is working properly.
Intel(R) 82801GB USB Universal Host Controller - 27CB.  Device is working properly.
Intel(R) 82801GB USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 27CC.  Device is working properly.

FireWire (IEEE 1394) Host Controllers:

RICOH OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller.  Device is working properly.

Connected Device Information:

DAD'S IPOD (G:\), iPod shuffle (2nd & 3rd Generation) running firmware version 1.0.4
Serial Number:      5D7456TJYX6
Bus Speed:      61440

What is causing windows vista to uninstall the driver for the shuffle without any action from me? Please answer/help please.

Answer : Problem: what is causing ipod shuffle driver to install/then uninstall?.

Thanks for the response and info.  I think I was mislead by the info in the question body.  It sounds like your are syncing you just can't put all the songs on.

Are those files protected content (i.e.  music purchased from iTunes with DRM)?  If so you need to Authorize that computer.  Is it already authorized with another account?  If not then click on Advanced and use it to authorize the computer.

Are the files from someone else?  If your computer is already authorized and/or they are someone else's music then let us know.

The iTunes program will prevent you from putting DRM songs or content on an iPod if you aren't authorized to play it in iTunes.

bol
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us