Question : Problem: DWL-G710 High Speed 2.4GHz (802.11g) Wireless Range Extender configuration

Hello, I have recently purchased the DWL-G710 High Speed 2.4GHz (802.11g) Wireless Range Extender I am having problems in the configurtion especially in the part of logging into the range extender interface to configure it self as per the manual it gave me, I have to place in the 192.168.0.30 although my main router gateway is 192.168.1.1 .

Also it is really appreciated if you can give me a hand on how to configure it, since the manual really lacks lot of information.

Thanks, will be waiting for your kind support and help!

Answer : Problem: DWL-G710 High Speed 2.4GHz (802.11g) Wireless Range Extender configuration

1. Take a regular ethernet cable and plug it into the ethernet port of your computer

2. Plug the other end into ethernet port of the DWL-710

3. On your computer (assuming you have Windows XP Pro with the NON-classic start menu), go to Start > My Network Places

4. On the top left under "Network Tasks" click on "View Network Connections"

5. Right click on "Local Area Connection" and then down to "Properties"

6. A pop-up window with 3 tabs should come up. Under the "General" tab, there is a list of icons with checkmarks next to them. Highlight the "Internet Protocol TCP/IP" on and click the "Properties" button underneath

7. Tick "Use the following IP" and "Use the following DNS server"

8.Type in the IP 192.168.0.12

9. Type in the subnetmask 255.255.255.0

10. Leave the rest of the fields empty.

11. Click on "OK"

12. Open up Firefox (or IE) and type 192.168.0.30 into the URL field

13. Type in the default username and password

This should work 100 % and after configuration just remove the IP adresses.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us