Question : Problem: Replaced Tape Drive in BUE9.  Getting Event ID 33152

I received a Dell PowerEdge 2600 with a DLT tape drive that the cover was broken on. The frive worked fine but we wanted to replace it with a new drive.

I installed the new tape drive and tested my sheduled job (I cancelled it after I saw that it was baccking up data).  Since the new tape drive has been installed, the scheduled job has not run, it has indicated that the Job Status is "Queued". And my Application Event Log has filled up with Event ID 33152.

I saw in my the BUE Device settings that there were now two Tape drives: Dell1 (off line - the original tape drive) and Dell 2 (On line, the new tape drive).  I removed the old device (Dell1) from the BUE Device list.

I have tried to erase and label the tape but is seems to get hung up.

Veritas has a Document ID # 264273 that covers the Event ID but I don't see any solutions in it.

Do I need to reinstall the Veritas drivers?  This is a big proble...Help.

Thanks.

Answer : Problem: Replaced Tape Drive in BUE9.  Getting Event ID 33152

DLT's have an internal unique ID that is presented to Backup Exec. You need to run the device wizard and reinstall the drivers. You'll then see that the tape device name changes under the Devices window, and the old drive will be greyed out. You then need to change the device used in the backup to All Devices or the new drive (whichever you prefer). And that'll fix it!  
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us