Question : Problem: Blurry 22" Belinea LCD

Hi,

I've just purchased a 22" Belinea 2225 S1W LCD monitor for use with my 15" Macbook Pro. The trouble is that the picture/text is blurry (significantly more so than the LCD in my MBP) & i'm wondering if this is due to the ergonomic resolution being too low? The general specs are as follows:

Contrast ratio: 1000:1
Response: 5ms
Brightness 300cd/m2
Colors: 16.7 mill
Synch: 30-84 khz horiz, 55-77 hz vert.
Ergonomic resolution: 1680x1050 (60hz)

The picture looks like it's burry because the resolution is too low i.e. similar to how my notebook's LCD looks when i drop the res below it's native of 1440x900.
I've attempted pushing the resolution past it's native using both SwitchResX and DisplayConfigX but both have resulted in even worse picture quality.
It was very cheap given its size, is this because the resolution is too low?

My question is, is the resolution too low for a sharp picture at a monitor this size?
Or, is the lack of DVI and only a VGA input the reason for the fuzzy picture?
Finally, is there anyway to improve picture quality or is it best to take this back and look for something better? I mainly work in print/web design so would prefer a sharp image over physical size.

All ideas are very welcome and the faster the better 'cause i'm running out of time to return!

Thanks!

Answer : Problem: Blurry 22" Belinea LCD

We had some monitors come in DOA from the factory - nothing but gray.  You mentioned the screen is washed out - I imagine you played with the Brightness and Contrast settings.  Perhaps the monitor is just defective - can you still return it?

Oh - another thought ... Is Adobe Gamma Correction installed on your machine?  Check its settings for the external monitor.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us