Question : Problem: linux rdesktop client cant connect to windows 2000 terminal server, but can connect to 2003 server

Hello-
I have an ASUS Eee 2G PC that i have installed rdesktop on.  I am able to connect to my 2003 server with rdesktop but can't connect to the windows 2000 terminal server.  The rdesktop program allows me to connect to the 2000 server to enter my logon information but when I click OK the window closes with no error message.  The window also closes if I click to change the Domain at the bottom of the log on screen.  Any ideas?  I have added all the repositories and also done the 'pinning' as per the instructions on installing rdesktop.  The 2003 machine works fine, just the 2000 machine that isn't letting me log in.

Thanks for your help

Answer : Problem: linux rdesktop client cant connect to windows 2000 terminal server, but can connect to 2003 server

Try starting the rdesktop app from a terminal.  If it exits it should return any messages from the server after closing the connection to the terminal to help diagnose it.  It sounds like a licensing issue on the 2000 terminal server.  Are you sure there are enough TS licenses and that all of the temporary ts licenses haven't been exhausted?  I've found that specifying the host name in the rdp connection from the linux client to a machine known to have a license works well in a pinch.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us