Question : Problem: SMS Software Distribution Troubleshooting?

"ContentAvailable ignoring update with no DPs for content request ...." is in the execmgr.log.  The PC in the collection has accepted the advertisement, but it does not run or show in the list of advertised programs on the client.

I have the advertisement set to run if the DP is local or remote, it should be local.  Both machines are on the same subnet and the site boundaries are the local domain.  The machine has a WAITING message that states, "The program for advertisement "RSD2000A has not yet started because the content for the package "RSD00008" - "Setup" (version 1) has not been acquired. Possible cause: The content for this program must be downloaded into the computers cache, or the content could not be located. Solution: If the program is being downloaded, no action is required. The program will start once the download has been successfully completed. If the content can not be located, ensure that a distribution point with this content is available for this computer. Distribution point availability can be affected by roaming boundary configuration which is used to determine whether distribution points are classified as local or remote, or by enabling distribution points as protected distribution points. "

I can browse the the DP's administrative share and can see all the files for the installation and I can run it manually from there.  The advertisement is set to run from the DP, so it's not trying to download the files to the PC.

Answer : Problem: SMS Software Distribution Troubleshooting?

My boundaries were messed up.  I'm not sure if was myself or another admin, but my site boundary was my AD name and my roaming boundary was my AD name.  

But, the fix to getting it to work was adding my SMS server's computer account to the UNC shares of the source of the package.  
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us