Question : Problem: Undelete USB External Hard Drive Partition

Hi,

I have a Pocketec USB 2.0 Drive.  The drive was connected to my computer when I decided to re-install Windows on my machine.  I accidently ended up deleting the partition.  I have read the thread for another user who had the same problem (http://www.experts-exchange.com/Storage/Q_20664824.html?query=undelete+USB+partition&searchType=all).  

I have removed the hard drive from the external casing.  However, now I have a couple problems:

1) There seems to be only 1 IDE port.  I downloaded a shareware version of Partition Magic 8.0 that I was going to use... if I end up connecting my only IDE port to this hard drive, then how will I use Partition Magic?

2) I can't connect the hard drive to the IDE port because the cable doesn't seem to fit properly.  There is a part that sticks out that is preventing it from fitting on my hard drive.

Any advice?  

Thanks.

Answer : Problem: Undelete USB External Hard Drive Partition

Hi akung,

1) No need for partition magic at the moment.

2) Try another cable, or try to slave the drive in another computer. Then use one of the tools listed at the other Q to copy  the data to another drive. Afterwards, you can plug back the drive into the USB case and create a new partition (again no need for partition magic, windows has a build in tool to do that, then format the drive) Afterwards, you can put the data back on the USB drive.

Greetings,

LucF
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us