Question : Problem: I havent enjoy my new system

Hi guys, last week I purchased a new XFX system just to build a powerful computer for gaming and graphics and web design , here is the list of the parts:

PC Case = Aerocool Extreme Engine 3T

PSU =        Ultra X3 ULT40064 1000-Watt Power Supply - ATX, SATA-Ready, PCI-E Ready, Energy            Efficient, Modular

MoBo =       XFX nForce 790i Ultra SLI Motherboard - NVIDIA nForce 790i, Socket 775, ATX, Audio, PCI              Express 2.0, SLI Ready, Dual Gigabit LAN, S/PDIF, USB 2.0, Firewire, eSATA, RAID

RAM =        OCZ Dual Channel Platinum 4096MB PC10666 DDR3 1333MHz Memory (2 x 2048MB

CPU =        Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 Processor EU80580PJ0606M - 2.50GHz, 6MB Cache, 1333MHz FSB, Yorkfield, Quad Core, OEM, Socket 775, Processor

HDD =      Maxtor 500GB Serial ATA HD 7200/16MB/SATA-3G

DVD=      Lite-On LH-20A1L-06 SuperAllwrite Lightscribe DVD Burner OEM - 20x DVD±R Burn, 16x DVD±R Read, 8x DVD+RW, 6x DVD-RW, 8x DVD±R DL, 12x DVD-RAM, 48x24x CD-R/RW, Black, SATA, No Software

CPU FAN = Masscool 8WA741 / Socket 775 / Copper Core/Heatpipes / CPU Cooling Fan

VIDEO CARD =  PNY Verto GeForce 9600 GT Video Card - Frontlines: FREE Fuel of War PC Game, 512MB GDDR3, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV

ok guys one PS2 keyboard and a USB mouse

Im giving you all details because Im getting crazy. basically at the begining I had a slow POST until I took out the CMOS battery and put it back, after this I was able to have a normal POST and able to get into BIOS setup, then I tried to install Windows XP 64, and in the middle of the installation windows setup stop and I started gettinig blue screens ( I didn't write down the exact details), then I tried to install XP SP3 instead of WIN XP64 and I got everything fine till the last 15 minutes of the installation It stop giving a different blue screen, blue screens stop till I disabled the CPU cache and the BIOS cachable option in BIOS setup. I took out one memory stick out trying to see how would it go using only 2GB
After that I tried to install WIN XP 64 again .... same problem win set up stopped in the middled of installation, then I retry WIn XP SP3 same problem and finally I tried VISTA ULTIMATE vista showed me that had encounter a problem in my hardware but didn't specified what it was.

I dont know if the problem is my memory or is the MoBo itself, I really appreciate any help

Answer : Problem: I havent enjoy my new system

actually guys I think i have the answer the memory is not compatible with 790i MoBo why? no idea, but i checked some reviews in which guys were saying that memory RAM and 790i Ultra mobo were not compatible and also after pulling my hair i called the MoBo manufacturer and they send me a list of tested compatible memory... and for the heck of it a went to BIOS and increase the speed of FSB from 1333 to 1600 Mhz and the installation run perfect , even thought the memory got really hot... anyway I dont want to overclock it, so I sent it back and I am going to get a 2000 Mhz memory this friday

I also want to share the file of tested RAM compatible for XFX Nforce 790i Ultra MoBo, i hope it will be helpful for future references or questions.... now I dont know who should i give the points to?

thank you all

Tested compatible DDR3 RAM for Nforce 790i Ultra MoBo

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us