Question : Problem: Is one place for identifying Devices from Device ID, Dendor ID, etc. info?

I finally got sick of seeing "Unknown Device" for someting in Device Manager, and decided to find out how one finds out what the offending device is.  Eventually I leared that in the "Details" tab of Device Manager, the gibberish I saw there actually contained codes for the device vendor, the product, etc.

I've found several references, here and elsewhere, to identifying products and vendors for PCI devices and others for USB devices, but these are "unofficial", and cover only that one type of device.

Is there one place, hopefully an "official" place, where one can enter the codes for any and all hardware devices and thus identify the device, manufactuers, etc., and thereby eventually find the proper driver?

Answer : Problem: Is one place for identifying Devices from Device ID, Dendor ID, etc. info?

To my knowledge, there is no official place for this type of data, as it would be spanned across several large companies...
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us