Question : Problem: How to remove MSBlaster

Hi Experts,

I'm having a really bad problem. I had a machine infected with MSBlaster. After trying to install an anti-virus software, Windows have bend screwed up. I was having an error message at boot time saying that c:\windows\system\ is corrupted and Windows need a repair intallation.

The hard drive is split between 3 partitions. One of these contains lots of importants stuff that I need to safe and the other two are formated.

Even after installing a brand new Windows XP, I'm having the same problem with the machine. It crashed for no reasons and alt-ctr-del is disable. After loosing my time trying to install an anti-virus software I finished with a screwed up Windows again.

I think this god damn virus stays in the boot sector.

My question is simple: how can I clean my naked hard drive (without any OS) of this infection? I found somewhere on the web to run fdisk /mbr but it still not enough.

Thanks in advance, I'll be so happy if someone can give me any good references on the steps to clean this ****.

Answer : Problem: How to remove MSBlaster

Why dont you just format the disk ?

Anyway you have got windows xp and you can be pretty sure that there is no virus.

http://ej.typepad.com/ej/2003/08/how_to_remove_m.html

Sunray
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us