Question : Problem: How allow avp.exe process on ISA  2004

My network consists of three servers and about 50 workstations. All the servers are W2K3, one is working as DC + DNS + DHCP, the second one is ISA server, and the third one is kaspersky antivirus server.
I installed kaspersky antivirus on the server successfully and the update as well. But when I started deploying the software on the workstations, the installation goes well but the update fails and makes an error message the kaspersky encouraged a problem and need to close, in the details I found that its AVP.exe
I searched on the web for solutions but all suggestions didnt fix my problem. The suggestions are turning on compatibility mode, deselect external control and disable self-defense options, and uninstall live messenger.
In kaspersky guides I found that if the is a third parity firewall on the network, it should be configured to allow the avp.exe process which is work through port 1110. I didnt try this because I couldnt find how to open a certain port or allow certain on ISA firewall.
Please help me to fix this problem because I need to get the antivirus work on the workstations. Thank you in advance

Answer : Problem: How allow avp.exe process on ISA  2004

You need to create a new protocol definition (toolbox, protocols, new)

Call it Kapersky_AVP and give it a value of 1100 TCP. It appears to be for local loopback and comms, so create a new anti virus rule that allows the new protocol to localhost from internal

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us