Question : Problem: SMS 2003 secondary site SMSPKGD$ share not created

I have recently created a secondary site  and the SMSPKG folder has been created on the D: but not the SMSPKGD$ folder and share. In addtion I checked IIS website and  virtual directory SMS_DP_SMSPKGD$ is also missing.. Al other sms share were created e.g sms and cap etc.. It seems that just the SMS_DP_SMSPKGD$ share is missing.. Is there a log or some sort I can check ??

Any suggestions ??

Answer : Problem: SMS 2003 secondary site SMSPKGD$ share not created

Is that secondary site being used as a DP for SMS? If so have you enabled that option or feature at that site? Do you have a addresses and senders created for the sites? Is that sever able to send reports back to the parent or central site?

As for the default folders in SMS I never use them. I make my own shares and distrubute software from there. Along with telling the package to create it's own folder with a name of my choice instead of the default values i.e. SITENAME0001 or SITENAME0003......I prefer something more descriptive like the name of the program maybe. :)

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sms/sms2003/cpdg/plan7705.mspx?mfr=true

Hope that helps

-Cheers-
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us