Question : Problem: TS keeps freezing in Network Load Balancing Manager and if both TS are up, log in times take a long time randomly - 30 minutes

Maybe this is a 2 part question.

If I drainstop one box, I seem to have no problem up to this point. Once they are both running, the NLBm console, hangs on connecting to TS2 (example). They are Unicast with 2 nics.

Also, login times seem to take sometimes 20 minutes. Not always. I used Brian Maddens solution, to log the login process, but it just hangs. Maybe some dialogue will help me troubleshoot the right thing.

Answer : Problem: TS keeps freezing in Network Load Balancing Manager and if both TS are up, log in times take a long time randomly - 30 minutes

Another thing to keep in mind is, TSs should be rebooted, if possible, on a daily basis (like every night).
I would rebuild them and use a load balancer like the 2X LoadBalancer or a similar product.
For the TSCALs the right way to do is to simply install the new licensing server, activate it and then call Microsoft (their Clearinghouse) and tell them you had to reinstall the licensing server and you need your TSCALs reissued. They will do that for you at no cost.

Cheers,

Cláudio Rodrigues

Microsoft MVP
Windows Server - Terminal Services
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us