Question : Problem: No sound from Logitech X-230 speakers, but do hear sound from USB headphones.

I installed some new X-230 Logitech speakers, but have no sound. I had no sound from previous set of speakers, which is reason for the replacement. I always ge sound when I plug in my USB headphones. I have Windows XP Pro installed ands have the onboard audio disabled in BIOS. I make certain that the Creative Labs sound drivers are selected in the Sound properties of Windows XP. Still no sound. I have the speakers plugged directly into the sound card in the Line Out 1 connector. I do not have anything else to test the speakers on, but I am certain it is not the speakres, since this is the second set that is not working.

All my dirvers are up to date and at one time were installed in the order required. I am about to format my "C" drive and start all over with everything. Is there anything else I am forgetting. The speakers are not muted and the Device Manager states that all drivers are working fine. What is left to do? What am I missing?

Answer : Problem: No sound from Logitech X-230 speakers, but do hear sound from USB headphones.

good you know the speakers are ok; this is not so for the sound card; it may just be bad - any chance to test it in another system ? just to be sure about it's status.
if it is brand new, you may be able to get a warranty exchange
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us