Question : Problem: How can I prevent users from changing RAID options in the Intel Matrix Storage Manager?

We have just purchased Dell Optiplex 960 PC's with the Intel Matrix Storage Manager and a pair of 150 GB hard drives configured in a RAID1 mirror. We need to see if there is a way to keep users from pressing Ctrl + I during system boot which allows them to change or even delete the RAID volume. We have calls in to both Dell and Intel to see if this is possible, but no answers are forthcoming. We tried setting an Admin password on the BIOS to prevent changes to both the BIOS and the Intel Matrix Storage Manager, but this only prevents changes in the BIOS. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Answer : Problem: How can I prevent users from changing RAID options in the Intel Matrix Storage Manager?

Some of my client use keyboard / KVM units that lock -- the keyboard does not work unless you have a physical turn-style key and can enter a password for the KVM.

Really, if someone has access to the machine, there is no secure way to prevent them from destroying the RAID.  They could simply remove the drives, format from the OS, etc.

I wouldn't bother to install the Windows Intel Matrix Storage Manager.  That will just give you more of the same problem.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us