Question : Problem: Setting Up Triple Monitors

Hi All,

I currently have a dual monitor setup running on a RADEON X800 Series. THis card supports dual monitor as it has a secondry output. THis uses AGP slot. I purchased a NVIDIA 6200 (PCI) with the view to setup a triple monitor desktop. I have installed the graphics card with no errors. However when I go into the DIsplay setting in XP the screen resloution is -1 by -1 pixels it will not let me change it or extend my desktop.

I have disconnected the AGP card and the new graphics card works fine, it lets me change the resolution to 1280 x 1240. WHen i connect the X800 back the NVIDIA goes back to the resolution -1 by -1. ALl drivers are fully up-to-date.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Answer : Problem: Setting Up Triple Monitors

The problem is you're trying to mix an ATI and nvidia card. With multiple video card systems you need to atleast want them to be from the same chipset manufacture, so where your main card is an ATI(x800) you'll want to remove the Nvidia and replace it with an ATI Pci video card. I have never been able to get Nvidia and ATI to work together correctly, but both will work fine with Matrox cards.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us