Question : Problem: Problem connecting PC to Toshiba LCD tv via dvi/hdmi

just got my toshiba 52RV530U. Love it but I having problems connecting my pc to my tv via hdmi dvi

I also have a  19" toshiba tv and it wont connect either. I am using a 6ft monster dvi/hdmi cable. On hdmi 1 3 and 4, I see a message saying "no video signal" on Hdmi 2, I see a message "unsupported video signal". ON the 19" toshiba, I get a two green bars that flicker.

but even more confusing is I have vizio in my bedroom and it connects flawlessly with the vizio. Does this have anything to do with the HDCP crap I have seen referened? What are my options.

thanks.

jasguild

Answer : Problem: Problem connecting PC to Toshiba LCD tv via dvi/hdmi

I HAVE SOLVED THE PC PROBLEM. IT seems that the new versoin of HDMI which I think is 1.3, is not really backward compatible to the older version (at least not on this toshiba) I had to turn off the 1.3 features and bingo it worked flawlessly.

This issue is addressed in the manual. Its not patently clear which is why I missed it on my first reading.

I quote "Some HDMI legacy sources may not work properly with your HDMI TV, please try setting the following options (Lip-Sync Latency and Deep Color) to Off. Adjusting these settings should allow your HOMI legacy source to operate properly
with your TV."

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us