Question : Problem: Join a Ipaq to active directory domain?

Everything i know tells me this cant be done but I wanted to check.

I have an Ipaq recently come into my possession and the user is requesting that it be joined to our corperate domain in the same way a XP workstation or 2k3 server would be.  They want it to be a domain memeber and show up in Active Directory with a computer account.  They also want to be able to 'log into' the ipaq with a AD account.  I dont think this can be done.

The why is that they have an app that is going to query AD for SN and givenName and they need an authenticated user or trusted connection to do so.  Normally when this thing is talking over our wireless its basically a workgroup device with a DHCP address.

thoughts?

Eric

Answer : Problem: Join a Ipaq to active directory domain?

MS says that PockePC's do not have AD accounts.  Quote"Note: Pocket PCs do not have Active Directory computer accounts, and therefore you do not need to add them to Wireless LAN Computers. They only use the user account to authenticate to the WLAN; therefore, only the account of the Pocket PC user is significant."

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/guidance/cryptographyetc/peap_6.mspx

The best way for Pocket PC to access AD resources if via a IIS server utilizing the web capabilities of the iPaq, but this doesn't do what is needed in your description.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us