Question : Problem: Indoor Wireless Networking Configuration

I have an small office building with three floors whose dimensions are 100' x200'.  The building is rectangular and has a courtyard in the middle. Therefore passing through brick is a consideration. The construction of this older office building is wood and plaster or beaver board.  I have a laptop that I want to take from location to location within this building.  Also, a few managers require access to the Internet from their offices.  I would like to setup Internet Access to every office although it may not be used.

My plan is to use the components listed below:

2      Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router w\ SpeedBooster  WAP54GS

1      Linksys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter w\ SpeedBooster  WPC54GS-CU (PCMCIA Card)

I use WPA-PSK for security at home and plan to use it at my office.

The DSL Line will be located in my office which faces the courtyard on the first floor. It is towards the front of the building..  I plan to locate a Range Expander in an office on the second floor of the section across the courtyard from my office towards the rear of the building. As I write this it occurs to me that this is just like putting in a wireless network at an apartment building only no legal conflicts because it’s just my company and I have business DSL service from Verizon.   We recently had to move and this was the best deal I could get. That’s why there is no Ethernet cabling.  Well there but it a total disaster.

Suggestions and comments

Thanks for all your help,

Answer : Problem: Indoor Wireless Networking Configuration

PAQed with points (500) refunded

DarthMod
Community Support Moderator
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us